How To Do Fishtail Braid Hair Extensions
Before I learned the technique, the mere idea of doing fishtail braid hair extensions was exhausting to me.
I soon found out that it looks a lot more complicated, than what they really are. Who doesn’t love a beauty fishtail braid? It can give almost any ordinary style a sense of class and Sophistication. I love doing fishtails braids with virgin hair extensions, especially Mink Brazilian body wave hair, mainly because they come out nice, full and thick.
While learning how to do a fishtail braid hair extensions,
I learned that they are actually seemingly easier than French braids. With fishtail braids you are only working with two sections as opposed to three.
Think of it like this, you have two large sections, one in each hand and you are simply crossing and overlapping one small piece of hair from one side to the next.
1. Split your hair into two equal sections
2. Holding one section in each hand, take a small piece of hair from the right section and cross it over to the left section
3. Repeat, crossing or overlapping a small piece of hair from the left section to cross over to the right.
4. Continue repeating steps 2 and 3 by crossing the small pieces of hair over from one section to the other until you make your way all down the length of your hair or until you get to your desired position.
5. Secure the end with an elastic band or tie
The smaller the sections, the more intricate and complex your braid will look.
If you are a beginner start off by securing your hair in a ponytail using a rubber band or hair tie. Then proceed to do the fishtail braid and once you are finished with your fishtail braid you can remove the hair tie.
Always remember to stretch out your braids to make them look fuller and thicker.
I personally love wearing my fishtail braids on one side, so that it drapes over my shoulder. And I also love how much texture and dimension it gives my everyday hair styles as well as how much more fancy my up dos look. Fishtails braids are perfect in any season and for any occasion or event. Plus they are stylish and edgy at the same time, with a classic feel to them.
Ladies how do you rock your fishtail braid hair extensions?